This is the recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner made in less then 20 minutes.
It is rich in lean protein and complex carbohydrates.
I find turkey breast rather dry and this is a great recipe to make it nicely juicy. The sauce is made of cashew nut milk, Dijon mustard, mushrooms and red pepper. I like to have it with cooked brown rice, sweet potato or quinoa.
Makes: 2 portions
Preparation time: 30 minutes
– 250g turkey breasts
– 2 cups brown rice or quinoa
– 1 cup chicken stock
– 1/2 cup cashew nut milk
– 1/2 cup shallots
– 1 garlic clove
– 5 medium closed cup mushrooms
– 1 medium red pepper
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tsp Dijon mustard
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together chicken stock, cashew nut milk and mustard. Set aside.
2. Cut the turkey breast into strips.
3. Put the strips into a pre-heated greased pan and cook until lightly browned. It will take no more then 3 minutes.
4. Remove from the pan and add a bit more oil, shallots, and garlic.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until slightly browned.
6. Add a bit of water if it sticks to the pan. Next add the mushrooms and red pepper, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
Add chicken and warm stock with cashew milk.
7. Turn up the heat and cook covered for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last up to three days.