Everyone who knows me, knows that I am in love with green vegetables. I especially like to have them first thing in the morning. This way my body gets a whole bunch of quality nutrients, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and protein. I feel much more energized, have a clearer mind and I don’t crave any high sugary snacks. Starting the day with greens will not only keep you satisfied for hours, it will also cleanse your body.
It also does wonders to your skin too. Many people ask how old I am, sometimes I’d rather not tell them as they just don’t believe me. I even have to show my driving license to verify my age!! So my suggestion is eat and drink up your greens every day and you will stay and look young forever. 🙂
Green smoothie breakfast bowl
For this divine breakfast bowl I used following ingredients:
– 2 cups of spinach
– 1 small frozen banana
– 1 tbsp protein powder (I used Pulsin sprouted brown rice powder)
– 1 tbsp flax seeds
– 1 tsp coconut oil (I used Lucy Bee Coconut)
– 10 raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours preferably)
– 1 cup home made almond milk (you will find the recipe here)
– put everything into a blender or mixer and whiz up! Transfer to a bowl and add your favourite toppings.