How are you doing?
I’ve been craving so much chocolate and sweets recently. This is me with a box of chocolates the other day. I didn’t eat the whole box but I ate quite a few!
Although dark chocolate has many health benefits it’s still pretty high in sugar and therefore calories. Since I’m trying to decrease my body fat percentage I have to monitor the amount of calories and type of food I consume on a daily basis. This can be hard by with all my chocolate cravings! I came up with a couple of delicious desserts with a high content of cacao but no added sugar. Check the recipe for a creamy chocolate pudding.
Here are as well some amazing health benefits of chocolate that you should all read:
- It’s good for your heart: Study shows that eating small amounts of dark chocolate up to three days a week lowers the blood pressure
- Beneficial for the brain: it increases blood flow to the brain as well as to the heart, so it can help improve cognitive function.
- Makes you feel happy: it contains phenylethylamine (PEA) or ‘feel in love chemical’. PEA encourages your brain to release endorphins, so eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier.
- It helps to control blood sugar: it has a low glycemic index that is very beneficial for keeping levels of insulin hormone stable during the day.
- It is a powerful antioxidant: it contains important vitamins that free our body from free radicals. Eating foods high in antioxidans can protect our body from certain types of cancer and slow the signs of aging too.
- It’s high in vitamins and minerals such as potassium, copper, magnesium and iron. All very important minerals to maintain healthy heart, brain and insulin levels.
After writing all these amazing benefits of chocolate I don’t feel anymore guilty for eating it so much recently! Anyhow I now have to eat this the most delicious vegan chocolate sugar free pudding that I made this afternoon.